35 killed in US attack in Syria

More than 35 members of the Islamic State (IS) militant group have been killed in US military airstrikes in Syria.

More than 35 members of the Islamic State (IS) militant group have been killed in US military airstrikes in Syria.

Advertisement

The US military confirmed the attack on Wednesday (October 30). News from AFP.

According to the report, the US military said the attack was carried out earlier this week.

In a statement given on social media, the US military's Central Command (CENTCOM) said, 'Several positions in the Syrian desert targeting senior leaders of IS have been attacked.


The statement added that the attack disrupted IS's ability to plan, organize and launch attacks against civilians, as well as US allies and partners, throughout Syria and beyond.

CENTCOM said there were no indications of any civilian casualties in Monday's attack.

About 900 US troops are deployed in Syria and 2,500 in Iraq as part of the international anti-IS coalition formed in 2014 to help fight the militants.

These troops are still stationed in both countries. The U.S. military has often carried out strikes targeting IS militants in Syria and Iraq.


প্রিয়

1267 Blog posts

Comments